These Pumpkin muffins are a staple in our house. As soon as the weather turns cool ,there is always a fresh plate of these on the counter. They are a serious crowd pleaser, even with the kiddos.
These are so simple and delicious. You will want to make them over and over too. My mother-in law passed this recipe on to me. I think It started with a Weight Watchers Recipe, but the chocolate chips and Sugar sprinkles probably don’t ruin that idea. Here is what you will need:
- 1 Small Can Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 Box Carrot Cake Mix
- Chocolate Chips
- White Sugar Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix pumpkin puree with cake mix
- Add chocolate chips and stir
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray
- Add cupcake liners and spray with cooking spray again
- Fill cups 3/4 full
- Sprinkle with sugar sprinkles
- Bake until tops are just firm and you can pull a toothpick out without leaving batter on
- Do not cover until completely cooled
- Eat and Enjoy!
Just a few ingredients and you have a super delicious fall treat that the whole family will love! These are great for breakfast too.
My hubby loves the chocolate chip version , but I love it with raisins. Instead of chocolate chips I add a combination of Craisins, golden raisins, and regular raisins. They are delicious both ways and the kids eat both kinds without complaining! Give both versions a try and see which you like best.