This is the time of the year when there are many family and friend get-togethers. I love anything pumpkin and this is one of my favorite fall party foods. I love to take it to parties as my dish to pass. It is quick and easy to put together and when you serve it in a little pumpkin it is very festive for the season!
There are a ton of versions of this recipe out there, but this one from Taste Of Home is delicious. It tastes like pumpkin pie but it is a quick and easy dip. I make mine using their recipe and like to serve it with Nilla Wafers, Ginger Snaps, and little Graham Crackers. The kids love it when I pair it with Scooby Snacks (which are little dog bone shaped graham crackers). It adds a little extra fun to the dipping process and they are very tasty with the dip. I also carve out a little pumpkin to serve the dip in. Just cut of the top in a circle and scrape out the inside to create a cute little pumpkin bowl to add your dip to.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Apple and pear slices
- Beat the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Gradually add the pumpkin, pie spice, vanilla and ginger; beat until smooth. Serve Graham Crackers, Nilla Wafers, or Ginger Snaps. Refrigerate leftovers.