I wanted a unique sign to put by our garden this summer. I searched and searched and didn’t find anything I loved so decided I would create my very own.
I wanted something that looked old, and rustic, that had an old world charm to greet us every time we entered the garden.
The kids and I took an old pallet board and this is what we did:
- Removed any nails from wood
- Painted the board with a greyish/blue wall paint that we had laying around
- Let it dry completely
- Painted again with a white paint we had on hand
- Let it dry again
- During nap time I printed of the words Farmers Market in fonts that I thought were cool
- Traced the words onto the board
- Got out my trusty little paint brushes and black acrylic paint and painted where I traced
- Let it try and then used an electric sander to distress
- Used 2 coats of an indoor/outdoor lacquer spray to finish
- Added eye hooks and wire to hang
Here is a look at the final product.
The best part is … this project was totally FREE!!! All done with things that we had around the house!
I love how it turned out! It makes me smile every time we go into the garden!